Millennial Grocery Guide
Tortellini Soup with Spinach & Mushrooms
How this guide works: Ingredients are broken down into approximate location in the grocery store, by order that you'd usually purchase them (starting in produce, then over to dry goods, and ending in dairy). There is also a cost of ingredients scale ranging from $ (very cheap) to $$$$ (extremely expensive - I'm not sure any of my recipes even have an ingredient like this yet).
About Millennial Staples: These are items you should always keep stocked in your fridge, freezer, or pantry. It will make throwing together a quick dinner easy and simplify grocery shopping. It allows you to purchase food on sale, and all these items are extremely unlikely to go bad before you use them!
- 1 bag spinach $
- 1 container mushrooms $ White mushrooms are your best bet!
- 1 package tortellini $$ Substitute: You can get another shape of pasta for sure, like spaghetti or fettuccini. Ravioli would also work! This sauce is great on anything. In terms of type, I would recommend a classic cheese tortellini. Pro tip on finding tortellini in the grocery store: check the Deli section first, for tortellini that comes refrigerated. Then compare prices in the pasta aisle, and then check out if there's any in the freezer section.
- 1 large (28-32 oz.) can tomato sauce $ Get the plain kind in a can to save money. You can use marinara sauce for pasta if you have it on hand too!
- 1 cup chicken broth $ Make it vegetarian by using vegetable broth!
- 1 - 8oz. package of cream cheese $ The cream cheese makes the sauce super delicious and creamy - and it's a super easy add in.